Access statement for Gilcar Farm holiday cottages
We have three self-catering, holiday cottages which have been converted from disused farm buildings in Emley near Huddersfield, into luxurious, modern holiday accommodation in the beautiful Yorkshire countryside.
The cottages are The Blacksmiths Shop (sleeps 7), The Barn (sleeps 8) and The Six Mistle (sleeps 8); all of which are two storey, with two (The Blacksmiths Shop and The Six Mistle) having a ground floor bedroom for disabled access, with space for a portable hoist to allow for easy transfer.
All our cottages are no smoking.
We have renovated our holiday cottages to take into consideration the needs of guests who may have problems with mobility, or are visually or hearing impaired, however we would request any prospective guest who is planning to stay with us, to make us aware of any issues at the time of the enquiry so we can correctly advise you and avoid disappointment.
- Level access to two properties - The Blacksmiths Shop and The Six Mistle - which have doors wide enough to allow wheelchair access
- Ground floor bedrooms to two properties (The Blacksmiths Shop and The Six Mistle)
- Wet rooms with Doc-M pack (grab rails, raised toilet etc) (The Blacksmiths Shop and The Six Mistle)
- Beds have full access to all sides, and space underneath to allow for movement/positioning of hoist
- Guide and assistance dogs are welcomed.
- To view the floor plan for the Blacksmith's shop click here.
We can provide written directions to the cottage if required (available on request).
Externally you will find a large garden area with BBQ facilities, and a shed for bike storage.
We do allow small, well-behaved dogs in our holiday cottages, however we would ask that they are kept on a lead at all times when in the farm yard area.
Wheelchair accessible taxis
- GT Taxis, Huddersfield Town Centre, 01484 534565
- Tandem Taxis, Waterloo, 01484 423333
- New Ex-Service, Huddersfield Town Centre, 01484 421111
Kirklees Council web site gives advice on disabled travel.
- Northern Customer Relations, 0845 600 8008
- National Rail Enquiries, 08457 48 49 50
- Transpennine Express, 0845 600 1671
For more information visit the National Rail web site.
The nearest railway stations to Gilcar Farm are Wakefield, Huddersfield and Denby Dale.
Bus routes which are closest to Gilcar Farm are Wakefield/Holmfirth (435/436) and Huddersfield/Barnsley (85). For more information visit the West Yorkshire Metro site.
Arrival and car parking facilities
Change-over day is Friday and there is usually a gap of at least a couple of hours between out-going guests and those arriving.
Gilcar Farm cottages have generous dedicated car-parking. It is essentially a level tarmaced surface. Cars may park within a few feet of the cottages.
For more information or if you have any questions please contact us.
Make an enquiry
Thank you, we will be in touch shortly.